Advanced Training of Trainers (ADTOT)
Deepen and broaden your facilitation skills in an advanced workshop open only to graduates of Training for Social Action Trainers. Together we’ll tackle some of training’s biggest challenges — including doing cross-cultural work, handling conflict and strong emotions, and modifying workshop designs on the fly — and experiment with new solutions.
|If your income is…||$15,000||$15,001 – $25,000||$25,001 – $35,000||$35,001 – $45,000||$45,001 – $55,000||over $55,000|
For organizations with an annual budget of $200,000 or more, the fee for this workshop is $1425.
If you have questions about the fee or the workshop, feel free to contact us!
As a participant, you will
- Receive in-depth, personal coaching on your goals
- Prepare for cross-cultural work, including international training
- Use more practice time to experiment with new approaches in a supportive setting
- Learn about more training tools and how to use them effectively
- Meet trainers with a range of life experiences
- To assist each participant to take their next step as a facilitator or trainer
- To develop skill in emergent design
- To explore some of the growth edges of training in group dynamics, cultural dynamics including diversity and difference, and working with strong emotions
Who should attend?
- Graduates of the Training for Social Action Trainers
- Experienced trainers wanting to learn how to respond to group dynamics effectively
- Leaders looking to transform or support a group through a transition or conflict
- Activists wanting to increase their ability to facilitate during chaos and confusion
- Organizers wanting TFC to work more closely with your group
- Anyone invested in building powerful multi-racial movements working for radical change
The workshop begins with dinner and registration at 6PM Day One and runs until 6PM Day Six.
The workshop hours for each day are as follows:
Day One, start 6:00 PM, end between 9:00-10:00PM, dinner provided
Day Two thru Five, (8:00 or 9:00AM breakfast) start 9:00 or 10:00AM, end between 9:00-10:00PM, lunch and dinner provided
Day Six, (8:00 or 9:00AM breakfast) start 9:00 or 10:00AM, end by 6:00PM, lunch and afternoon snacks provided.
Though the hours of this workshop are long, we’ve found that our experiential style helps keep people engaged, alert and energized through the weekend. We also provide time for short and extended breaks within our agenda and encourage participants to take care of themselves so that they can stay fully present. Please contact us in advance if you have questions or concerns about the long hours of this workshop.
The workshop is designed as an experiential package with each session building on the previous session. We want to create the best learning environment possible for participants to absorb the combined learning of each session and therefore WE DO NOT ALLOW PARTIAL ATTENDANCE, you must commit to taking the entire workshop. The central components of this workshop help participants build their skills in the areas of creating safety and cohesion so that a group can do its best work together, using experiential activities to elicit the wisdom of the group and guide their learning, working with diversity within groups, and principles of design that support stronger workshops.
Application and Acceptance Process
We aim to confirm participants at least a month before the training. We’re mindful that folks coming from out of town need time to book travel, and we’ll follow up as soon as possible about the acceptance process. Please don’t book travel or accommodations until we confirm registration.
We’re committed to accepting a diverse group for each training and to supporting folks with less access to resources to attend. People of color, working class folks, and folks from less-resourced organizations are encouraged to apply. We also aim to accept people with specific groups, projects, or organizations back home to apply what they learn. If you’d prefer to apply by phone instead of online, there is a phone number included in the application.
Bring this workshop to you!
Do you want to host this workshop with members of your organization or group? If you have multiple group members or staff interested in this training, we can come to you. To request we bring this workshop to your group, submit a custom request and let us know.