Creative Workshop Design (CWD)
This workshop gives you a chance to let your mind loose in a liberating learning environment. During the training you’ll get a fresh look at how to create workshops, seminars and trainings that support growth, authenticity and the group’s power. You will develop new tools, adapt known activities and delve deep into the world of people-centered design – an approach to curriculum development that starts with questions like; how do these people take in information and work together? What would get in this group’s way? What sets them into the right tone for this topic? A large portion of this training is learning how to create space that allows for healthy risk taking and self-reflection.
|If your income is…||$15,000||$15,001 – $25,000||$25,001 – $35,000||$35,001 – $45,000||$45,001 – $55,000||over $55,000|
If you are being sent by an organization with an annual budget over $200,000, the fee is $700 US.
As a participant, you will...
- Gain greater awareness about yourself and your strengths as a facilitator
- Get a chance to take risks, experiment and refine skills in a safe and supportive environment
- Create tools that help your group learn what you are trying to teach
- Receive personal guidance from experienced trainers in a small group setting
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- Group leaders and organizers who want to design engaging, impactful workshops that build people’s power
- Trainers who want to spice up their existing curriculum and expand their tool box
- Activists who want to create bold, edgy trainings that support action.
- Increase your ability to design educational experiences and invent new activities
- Explore the art of arranging activities in the most powerful sequence
- Learn how to increase a group’s flexibility and openness to using powerful exercises
Application and Acceptance Process
We’re committed to accepting a diverse group for each training and to supporting folks with less access to resources to attend. People of color, working class folks, and folks from less-resourced organizations are encouraged to apply. We also aim to accept people with specific groups, projects, or organizations back home to apply what they learn. If you’d prefer to apply by phone instead of online, there is a phone number included in the application.
- Day One, start 6:00 PM, end between 9:00-10:00 PM, dinner provided
- Day Two, (8:00 or 9:00 AM breakfast) start 9:00 or 10:00 AM, end between 9:00-10:00 PM, lunch and dinner provided
- Day Three, (8:00 or 9:00 AM breakfast) start 9:00 or 10:00AM, end by 6:00 PM, lunch and afternoon snacks provided.
Though the hours of this workshop are long, we’ve found that our training style helps keep people engaged, alert and energized through the time. We also provide short and extended breaks within our agenda and encourage participants to take care of themselves so that they can stay fully present. Please contact us in advance if you have questions or concerns about the long hours of this workshop.
The workshop is designed as an experiential package with each session building on the previous session. We want to create the best learning environment possible for participants to absorb the combined learning of each session and therefore WE DO NOT ALLOW PARTIAL ATTENDANCE, you must commit to taking the entire workshop. The central components of this workshop help participants build their skills in the areas of creating safety and cohesion so that a group can do its best work together, using experiential activities to elicit the wisdom of the group and guide their learning, working with diversity within groups, and principles of design that support stronger workshops.
Throughout the workshop there are multiple opportunities for discussion about specific questions or challenges that you may want to explore. This workshop is a fun but rigorous workshop and as participants stretch themselves to become better trainers, strong emotions can surface. We do our best to support you to take care of yourself in this workshop and get the most learning out of challenging moments.
Bring this workshop to you!
Do you want to host this workshop with members of your organization or group? If you have multiple group members or staff interested in this training, we can come to you. To request we bring this workshop to your group, submit a custom request and let us know.